Saturday, November 7, 2009

It's Nice To Be Nice & Good To Be Wise

Today we went to Accra to attend the temple and what a beautiful time it was! This was a day I will never forget. I loved being in the temple and feeling beauty all around. It keeps life in perspective and makes me even more grateful to be here, experiencing all that I am.After the temple we went back to the Culture Center in the center of Accra and boy was it cultural! When we got there I got swept away by Humble Lyle who wanted to sell me sweet painted shirts for 45 Ghana Cedis. I literally only had 5 so I was trying to think up ways to bargain and he took his shirt off of his body and gave it to me for 5...plus my SOHI water bottle. He was fascinated with it, the fact that it was blue and could hold a liquid.. was awesome.

After that encounter I met my Rastafarian soul brothers. Fuzzy, Daniel Djembe Drum, Denis Rap Dee, and my favorite: Antiga Martin. They are the greatest people. They invited us to come "make music" with them in their shop, so I spent about an hour playing the drums and dancing with them. It was a blast! Martin gave me a necklace to always remember that "we are one" and he wanted me to stay and hang out with him all night and he'd bring me back in the morning... yikes!!! no way!! These guys definitely had Rasta-vibes! They were awesome and it was very fun to learn how to play the drums.

No comments:

Post a Comment