For the one month mark, we took a weekend trip down to Cape Coast to go to the Kankum Canopy bridge walk and the Slave Castles. We started off in Kankum. It was so weird to see other Obrunis.. I didn't like it. It was a large tourist attraction but I am happy we went. The bridges are basically a ladder with a board on top the width of one body. There were 7 bridges from tree to tree that I went on. They wobbled sooo badly! At first I was very scared but after my second or third bridge it was all fun and games! It was so awesome to think that I was atop of an African jungle..walking! I am in AFRICA, it still amazes me. The scenery was beautiful! So many different trees, leaves, and shades of green. I loved every bit! The hike up was sweet too because we were walking deep into the jungle.
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Cape Coast
I have officially hit my one month mark and I am half way done.. I have mixed emotions- I am excited to be home but never want to leave the green, warm, miraculous Africa with the most remarkable people. Their life stories would blow your mind.
For the one month mark, we took a weekend trip down to Cape Coast to go to the Kankum Canopy bridge walk and the Slave Castles. We started off in Kankum. It was so weird to see other Obrunis.. I didn't like it. It was a large tourist attraction but I am happy we went. The bridges are basically a ladder with a board on top the width of one body. There were 7 bridges from tree to tree that I went on. They wobbled sooo badly! At first I was very scared but after my second or third bridge it was all fun and games! It was so awesome to think that I was atop of an African jungle..walking! I am in AFRICA, it still amazes me. The scenery was beautiful! So many different trees, leaves, and shades of green. I loved every bit! The hike up was sweet too because we were walking deep into the jungle.

After finishing the canopy walk we took off to the slave castles. They were fascinating!! We went into the different dungeons and they were pitch black large rooms that fit 2,000 men in their own cells 1,000 females in theirs. They would be there for around 2 months and then be taken in shackles to the "Door of No Return" where they were shipped out to work. The whole slave trade was a secret to the public. If they tried to escape they were thrown in a cell with no air, no water, and no food. They were kept there until they died. What happened here is such a tragedy but nonetheless they are very cool castles and right on the edge of the coast.

After the castles we went and had lunch at a resort right on the beach! It was a blast to play in the sand and feel the ocean! We had so much fun just running around and taking a break from all the stress; it felt like vacation. There were so many white people there and they were all very fat. They were all laying around drinking and smoking and being lazy, I was embarrassed for them. It also broke my heart that someone would travel all the way to Africa to do that, that isn't Africa at all- I can get that in Florida... I love the beach though!!

For the one month mark, we took a weekend trip down to Cape Coast to go to the Kankum Canopy bridge walk and the Slave Castles. We started off in Kankum. It was so weird to see other Obrunis.. I didn't like it. It was a large tourist attraction but I am happy we went. The bridges are basically a ladder with a board on top the width of one body. There were 7 bridges from tree to tree that I went on. They wobbled sooo badly! At first I was very scared but after my second or third bridge it was all fun and games! It was so awesome to think that I was atop of an African jungle..walking! I am in AFRICA, it still amazes me. The scenery was beautiful! So many different trees, leaves, and shades of green. I loved every bit! The hike up was sweet too because we were walking deep into the jungle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment