This darling boy's name is Christopher. He is very independent and likes to do everything himself. He can walk up stairs perfectly and he gets around great, his legs though are barely mobile. It's heart-pulling to watch him. he is a joy! he always has a huge smile on his face and i have never seen him cry or get mad. He is an example to me in positivity and optimism.
This is my student Samuel. He is a very sweet boy who has a lot of energy. I think he might have anger problems though because, well here's a scary story for you all:One day I arrived at school so excited to teach. I could feel in my bones it was going to be a good day. I walked in and the room was literally going wild. They were like savages trying to fight for their lives. This little guy ripped a wood plank off a desk and was running around hitting a girl with it while she screamed at the top of her lungs. When I grabbed it from him, luckily without getting hit, he then found a large stick that he was hitting with.. I repeated the steps of taking objects he was beating others with several times- it was the hardest day in Africa. Outside of the classroom though he is attached at my hip and wants to be loved. Poor boy, I love him all the more though.
They love chalk. They love everything that can be done with chalk. They eat it, They play with it, they throw it at each other.. and they put it all over their faces. What a fun toy huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment