Church at the school with the students on Sunday was breathtaking. When we walked in they were all dressed in white! They all looked like little angels. They are taught the most plain and simple principles but they are so deep. We learned about King Solomon and how he was very rich but he did not ask God for more money, no he asked for wisdom to know his people. The children were taught that they too must not ask for any material possessions but rather things we can take with us like wisdom. The kids are counseled daily to pray for wisdom to learn and to know the things their teachers are teaching. They have the kindest hearts that are so full of love for everyone and everything! We learned the acronym PUSH as well: Pray Until Something Happens! We also learned to pray for the world, then family and others, then finally yourself. We talked about when we pray.. do we only pray at night? or in the morning? or can we always have a prayer in our hearts at all times of the day. They definitely understand about prayer and I am humbled by them. The other night one of the boys had his eyes closed in the middle of the school signing in the air. When I asked him what he was doing he said he was praying to God that Ghana would win the world cup! Well Daniel's prayer was answered! Yesterday I ate lunch with a small boy and he prayed over his half of a fish and some beans.. it was nothing, but he thanked God for the abundance that he has. It is so touching every day being around such sweet spirits. They are beautiful from the inside out. I want to bring each of them home with me! I love spending every moment I can with them.
I started tutoring a girl named Ruth from the p-5 class, where I am now teaching math. After one day she has grown so much! SUCCESS!! Today she could not sit still because she wanted to do every problem on the board to show she knows how! She was soo excited, and I loved seeing the emotion in her face. There is no greater joy. I have the best job in the world. I love it here, I love everything about it.

No comments:
Post a Comment