Meet Emmanuel.
This boy is my everything. He is literally sunshine and radiates wherever he goes. He is always so happy and he is my best friend here. He lives each day to the fullest and ALWAYS has a smile on his face. He lights up whenever he sees me and I love our friendship. He is 14 years old and in my P-5 class. I tutor him every night and we are working so hard on remembering whether 7 is spelled: "seven" or "twenty".. he gets the two mixed up quite a lot : ) but I love him for it. He is the one individual that I am trying to make a difference to. Tutoring him is awesome. He wants to learn and he is always asking for more. It was his idea to be tutored, he would rather learn than play with friends at night. I believe that is what is needed. They need their own desire to want to learn beyond in the classroom so then they try harder and work to learn, instead of just memorize. he does his homework every night and is excited about it. i have been creating his homework in worksheets that I make up and have ready for him each night at 6:30 when I tutor. He LOVES them! It shows him that I care about him enough to take time to make him something special. He gets so excited. He has some misunderstandings still but they are slowly becoming understandings. he just needs a little more explanation of things and he is wonderful! I love that he wants to learn for himself. He tries to never cheat, unlike some of my students.. oh children.. I made him flashcards for him to practice going from the number to the word form and vise-versa. I can't wait to see his progression!
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Emmanuel's Gift
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment